- Kai Sushi is coming to 3819 N. Southport
- Digits Nail Salon has closed, new nail salon coming in
- Capital One Cafe is now open
- Ivivva by Lululemon is closed. Space currently for lease
- Rise Sushi and Galleria Liquors will be replaced by this Transit Oriented Development (TOD), Chase Bank and Chipotle could be possible tenants
- Taco Bell and an auto body shop on Addison by Wrigley Field will be replaced by new developments
- 1035 W. Addison to be redeveloped
- The former Blue Bayou space is for lease
- Tied House is coming to the former Harmony Grill location
- Paperchase is coming to Southport Avenue
- Leahy and Ladue is closed, 312 Real Estate Office is now open
- Venus Restaurant is coming from The Mercury Theater in Cullen\s former space
- Mint Julep is now closed, national retail coming in
- A new mixed-use TOD development is under under construction at 3334 N. Southport Avenue
- Basics Salon at 3542 N. Southport is currently for lease or for redevelopment in 2019-2020
- Target has opened in the former Whole Foods space on Ashland
- Large-scale mixed-use development coming to 1356 W. Wellington Avenue with an American Mattress store (stalled)
- Addison & Clark development is underway; Shake Shack, Cinemex Movie Theater, Harley Davidson and Lucky Strike will be anchor tenants
- Hotel Zachery with Big Star Chicago, McDonald’s and several other restaurants coming to Wrigleyville
- Cafe Tola is expanding into the Sweet Sensations former space
- Bow Truss Coffee Roasters was coming to Southport & Belmont (But who knows what will happen now)
- F.I.S.H. Poke Bar, Milk Money, Blue Crown Wings, Mac Royale and Melt 35 delivery/pickup only kitchen have all closed at 3208-10 N. Southport, space for lease
- FlatTop Grill former space is for lease
Bow Truss Coffee Roasters will be taking the former Bel-Port Liquors location, which closed in late September. Construction on the new coffee shop should take about 6 months when we reached out to them earlier in the year, and they are still looking for a tenant for the Southport side where the FoxTrot rendering is.
As you have heard, Bow Truss Coffee is coming to Southport and Belmont in the space currently occupied by Bel-Port Liquors. Joe, long-time owner of Bel-Port was rumored to move to an adjacent space but according to him, rent is too high and he will not be relocating. Make sure to say hi to Joe and Sashi before he closes up shop for good, most likely by early to mid-July.
We reported last month that the building housing Bel-Port Liquors at Belmont and Southport was being sold, and Bel-Port would be vacating. The building has now been sold and Eater Chicago is reporting that Bow Truss Coffee Roasters will be taking over the space. We reached out to them on a time-frame, and they are looking to open within the next 6 months (and they are still looking for a tenant for the Southport side where the FoxTrot rendering is).
This classic building needs some love, and by the rendering below, it looks like it will now get some!
Update on April 25, 2016: Bel-Port Liquors may be staying according to DNA Info Chicago.