The news of Abercrombie & Fitch has been one of the biggest commenting events on our social media platforms, and one of the highest views on the blog. However, many of you have commented about chain stores taking over and that you would rather shop small. Here’s some of the favorite small businesses on Southport Avenue in Chicago. Which one is your favorite(s)?
A tour around Lakeview’s Southport Corridor neighborhood in Chicago during the Early Fall of 2021
Tour Time! Shopping, eating and playing between Addison and Grace Streets along Southport Avenue during the early Fall of 2021.
We had an endless winter and cold, dreary spring, but the sun is finally shining and the Southport Corridor is getting ready for Summer. Here’s a tour around the ‘Port during the Spring of 2019.
|Lush, Warby Parker, Bonobos|
- Kai Sushi is coming to 3819 N. Southport
- Digits Nail Salon has closed, new nail salon coming in
- Capital One Cafe is now open
- Ivivva by Lululemon is closed. Space currently for lease
- Rise Sushi and Galleria Liquors will be replaced by this Transit Oriented Development (TOD), Chase Bank and Chipotle could be possible tenants
- Taco Bell and an auto body shop on Addison by Wrigley Field will be replaced by new developments
- 1035 W. Addison to be redeveloped
- The former Blue Bayou space is for lease
- Tied House is coming to the former Harmony Grill location
- Paperchase is coming to Southport Avenue
- Leahy and Ladue is closed, 312 Real Estate Office is now open
- Venus Restaurant is coming from The Mercury Theater in Cullen\s former space
- Mint Julep is now closed, national retail coming in
- A new mixed-use TOD development is under under construction at 3334 N. Southport Avenue
- Basics Salon at 3542 N. Southport is currently for lease or for redevelopment in 2019-2020
- Target has opened in the former Whole Foods space on Ashland
- Large-scale mixed-use development coming to 1356 W. Wellington Avenue with an American Mattress store (stalled)
- Addison & Clark development is underway; Shake Shack, Cinemex Movie Theater, Harley Davidson and Lucky Strike will be anchor tenants
- Hotel Zachery with Big Star Chicago, McDonald’s and several other restaurants coming to Wrigleyville
- Cafe Tola is expanding into the Sweet Sensations former space
- Bow Truss Coffee Roasters was coming to Southport & Belmont (But who knows what will happen now)
- F.I.S.H. Poke Bar, Milk Money, Blue Crown Wings, Mac Royale and Melt 35 delivery/pickup only kitchen have all closed at 3208-10 N. Southport, space for lease
- FlatTop Grill former space is for lease
A great fall day on Chicago’s Southport Corridor made for perfect pictures around The ‘Port.
|Indira, Coda Di Volpe, Southport Lanes|