We reached out to Madewell and they have confirmed an opening date for Southport’s new store – on or around April 16th, 2021. Madewell will be taking over the former Lou & Grey storefront at 3442 N Southport Avenue.
It appears that Madewell is finding a home in Chicago’s Southport Corridor according to their website (Madewell is owned by J. Crew) Continue reading “Madewell coming to Chicago’s Southport Corridor”
It has been a very difficult time for all of us during the Covid-19 pandemic, especially for our local business community. Here is a growing list of businesses that have permanently closed during the pandemic.
- DavidsTea on May 27, 2020
- Fahlstroms Fresh Market on June 3, 2020
- Frio Gelato on June 5, 2020
- Mercury Theater on June 16, 2020
- Cosmos Cleaners – July 2020
- Guthries Tavern – July 24, 2020
- Lou & Grey – July 23, 2020
- Southport Blooms – August, 2020 (Now online only)
- Hair Cuttery – Closed most Chicago locations during Covid due to a buy-out as of August, 2020
- Hanna Andersson – August, 2020
- Redmond’s Ale House – September 13, 2020
- Southport Lanes – September 27, 2020
- Schoolyard Tavern – October 4, 2020
We will keep the list updated as the year continues, and please remember to support our local businesses, services and restaurants.
We had an endless winter and cold, dreary spring, but the sun is finally shining and the Southport Corridor is getting ready for Summer. Here’s a tour around the ‘Port during the Spring of 2019.
|Lush, Warby Parker, Bonobos|
Nothing is softer than me 🐶 (at Lou & Grey)
Posing outside of @louandgrey on Southport and using their sidewalk decor as a backdrop. 📸🌾💐
#tot #tongueouttuesday #tinytongueout #louandgrey #southportcorridor #pupsofsouthport #dogsoflakeview (at Lou & Grey)
I feel cold. 📷 @catneydogney
A great fall day on Chicago’s Southport Corridor made for perfect pictures around The ‘Port.
|Indira, Coda Di Volpe, Southport Lanes|
#FBF to @coastbycoast & @louandgrey ❤️
What are your plans for this weekend?
I have a fun weekend ahead so make sure to be following on Snapchat 👻 (user waysofstyle)
#weekendvibes #friyay #tgif #summerinchicago #chigaosummer #waysofstyle #louandgreyontheroad #chicagofashionblogger #chicagoblogger (at Lou & Grey)
#morning #commute #southportcorridor #chicago (at Lou & Grey)
‘Tis the season on the Southport Corridor – all decked out in holiday lights. Here are some snapshots we took in early December, 2015.
|Chicago’s Southport Corridor|
|Southport Corridor Chicago – Fall 2015|