Tag: The Denim Lounge for Men
Shopping small on Southport Avenue
The news of Abercrombie & Fitch has been one of the biggest commenting events on our social media platforms, and one of the highest views on the blog. However, many of you have commented about chain stores taking over and that you would rather shop small. Here’s some of the favorite small businesses on Southport Avenue in Chicago. Which one is your favorite(s)?
Touring Chicago’s Southport Corridor – Belmont to Addison Street
A tour around Lakeview’s Southport Corridor neighborhood in Chicago during the Late Summer and Early Fall of 2021
Tour Time! Shopping, eating and playing between Belmont Avenue and Addison Street along Southport Avenue during the late summer of 2021.
Spring 2019 on Chicago’s Southport Corridor
We had an endless winter and cold, dreary spring, but the sun is finally shining and the Southport Corridor is getting ready for Summer. Here’s a tour around the ‘Port during the Spring of 2019.
|Lush, Warby Parker, Bonobos|
Continue reading “Spring 2019 on Chicago’s Southport Corridor”
The Denim Lounge for Men is coming to the Southport Corridor
Roscoe Village’s locally owned business, The Denim Lounge is coming to Chicago’s Southport Corridor with a second location. The new boutique will be called The Denim Lounge for Men, and will be opening this September in the former SheOne space at 3544 N. Southport Avenue.
The store will cater to men’s denim, shirts, hats and will offer custom made jeans. According to the owner, the store will be a “small fun store with a casual vibe, and will offer free alterations.” They are very excited to be joining the other small businesses along Southport Avenue and are currently hiring. You can contact them directly for information on sales positions at 773-935-2820.
From their website, The Denim Lounge Roscoe Village carries the following brands for men:
Southport Corridor changes into 2019
- The Denim Lounge for Men is coming to SheOne\’s former location
- Foxtrot Delivery Market coming to the TOD development at 3334 N. Southport Avenue
- Warby Parker is rumored to be taking over Paperchase\’s backed out lease at 3420 N. Southport
- Schoolyard Tavern under new ownership
- TOD development at 3200 N. Southport now coming (Former Flattop Grill space)
- TOD development coming to 3647 N. Southport
- Rise Sushi and Galleria Liquors will be replaced by this Transit Oriented Development (TOD)
- Large-scale mixed-use development coming to 1356 W. Wellington Avenue
- 1342 W. Belmont retail space for lease
- Kai Sushi is now open at 3819 N. Southport
- Big City Optical has moved into the former Frankies on the Park location at 3708 N. Southport
- 3740 N. Southport (Formerly Chaz\’s Real Estate Space) is now a nail salon
- GNC is closed and is now for lease
- Taco Bell on Addison will be replaced by Planet Granite and additional retail
- Digits Nail Salon has closed, new nail salon is now open
- Ivivva by Lululemon is closed. Space currently for lease
- The auto body shop on Addison by Wrigley Field will be replaced by a new development
- 1035 W. Addison to be redeveloped
- The former Blue Bayou space is for lease
- Basics Salon at 3542 N. Southport is currently for lease or for for a possible TOD redevelopment in 2019-2020
- Addison & Clark development is underway; Shake Shack, Cinemex Movie Theater, Harley Davidson and Lucky Strike will be anchor tenants
- Cafe Tola is expanding into the Sweet Sensations former space