From Explore Chicago, here is a photo from 1975 at Southport and Roscoe.
And the same view today:
Chime is a new, on-demand babysitting service in Chicago from the creators of Sittercity. Childcare professionals have personally handpicked the best sitters, neighborhood-by-neighborhood, including the Southport Corridor. And they\’ve made it incredibly easy to find, book and pay your favorites.
With Chime, parents can simply log on to the website or app to watch video profiles and read reviews of great local sitters nearby—all have been thoroughly vetted and screened, including in-depth background check, social media scraping and in-person meeting. So now anytime a need arises, all you have to do is pick a time, choose a sitter and you’re all set. From school holidays to date night, Chime is available. And the best part, payment is processed automatically by credit card, and you can rebook your favorites.
The people at Sittercity are so confident you\’ll love Chime sitters, they will make your first booking free (up to $100). Just sign up at www.hellochime.com and use promo code LAKEVIEW.
Chime is now live in Chicago, NYC, DC and Boston—with more cities on the way.
Celebrate the special women in your life at the Susan G. Komen Chicago Mother\’s Day Race for the Cure! Bring your friends and family and help create a world without breast cancer on Sunday, May 8th, 2016 in Downtown Chicago. The Race Site opens at 6:30 am, and the Race begins at 8:00 am. Register for the 10K or 5K Timed Run, 5K or 1 Mile Fun Walk at www.komenchicago.org.
75% of funds raised will go to provide breast health and breast cancer care, treatment and support here in our local community; the remaining 25% will provide global research to find the cures.
Two Penny Blue has an exciting pop-up shop and kick-off event coming up at their Southport flagship shop + studio space in Lakeview. They are welcoming another local philanthropic brand for a limited time, Le Coeur Watches.
The Le Coeur Pop-Up shop will begin Wednesday, Feb 10 from 6pm-9pm with a fun night of freebies & wine at the Two Penny Blue Flagship + Studio located at 3738 N. Southport Avenue, across the street from the Music Box Theatre.
The pop-up shop will feature the Le Coeur watch collection alongside the permanent flagship + studio merchandise at Two Penny Blue — including the Two Penny Blue jacket and blazer collection with fun add on\’s like candles, blanket scarves, jewelry and home decor pieces.
Specials for the Opening Night include complimentary engraving for all Le Coeur watch purchases, and the first 10 will receive a complimentary additional leather strap of their choosing. For all Two Penny Blue customers, they will be gifting a free earring while supplies last.
4-Star Restaurant Group, parent company of Crosby’s Kitchen, Smoke Daddy, Frasca’s Pizzeria and D.O.C. Wine Bar (and others) is expanding in Chicago’s Southport Corridor, and here is the scoop:
- Wrigleyville Dental Space The building behind Crosby’s Kitchen will be developed and will open in early 2017 as an adult restaurant and full bar. The name of the new restaurant will be Ella Elli (and not Three Sisters).
- Justin’s Space. The former Justin’s Bar & Grill space is currently gutted (take a peek when you walk by), and 4-Star is hoping to get in there this month to start the process. There is no name as of yet for the new space, but they are looking to have it open by fall of 2016. Per 4-Star, “It will be a very comfortable family style restaurant (similar to Crosby’s Kitchen, but different food).”
- Timings are all dependent on the permit processing times from the City of Chicago for both restaurants.
As we hear more from 4-Star, we will be sure to let you know.
We reached out to the real estate brokers on the status of 3424 N. Southport Avenue, and they have confirmed that the buyers will be creating a new mixed-use development with retail, and either apartments or condos above. No word on timing as of yet, but we will keep everyone posted as we hear more.
See the press release below.
On Valentine\’s Day, kids are invited to treat their parents to free pizzas for lunch or dinner at Zoom Pizza Factory
(located at Southport and Clybourn) Plus, diners can feast on heart-shaped pizzas available for dine-in, pickup or delivery.
More information can be found here:
After a couple of years of permits and processing, the 1418 W. Addison Avenue apartment redevelopment project has been approved. The development will consist of 10 apartments but will keep the original facade of 100+ year old mansion.
|Photo is from Curbed Chicago