Another small business is coming our way. Frio Gelato (which currently has a location in Evanston) is coming to 3721 N. Southport Avenue according to Chris Irwin, broker from Jameson Commercial, who leased the space for MBT Management.
“While many gelato manufacturers use pre-made bases and add artificial powdered flavorings to make their gelato, FRÍO Gelato® pasteurizes and produces a homemade recipe that is made with hormone-free milk.
Here’s how we make gelato based on the Argentine dairy tradition:
1. Mix our home-made base gelato recipe from hormone-free milk, cream, and pure cane sugar.
2. Pasteurize and homogenize our artisanal recipe in small batches at our allergen-friendly Evanston kitchen.
3. Add in natural ingredients, including seasonal fruit, imported Argentine dulce de leche, or high quality chocolate, to create different flavors. No artificial flavorings added.
5. Add on specialty toppings, such as raspberry preserves, merengue crumbs, or sprinkles.
6. Serve delicious FRÍO Gelato® in either a cup, a ‘Cucurucho Swirl\’, or any other FRÍO specialty.”