“Guthries Tavern, the Lakeview neighborhood bar that brought regulars to tears when it closed nearly 15 months ago, is back open under new management and $500,000 in renovations. The bar was packed on opening weekend with patrons who were delighted and grateful that apparently nothing had changed since they last visited in July of 2020.Continue reading “Guthries Tavern Reopens, an in depth look around”
Finally! Guthries Tavern is back open with new ownership after closing last summer due to Covid-19. From Guthries:Continue reading “Guthries Tavern is back open!”
Guthries Tavern, which closed last year due to the pandemic, is coming back under new ownership
Some good news in 2021, Guthries Tavern is coming back under new ownership!
It has been a very difficult time for all of us during the Covid-19 pandemic, especially for our local business community. Here is a growing list of businesses that have permanently closed during the pandemic.
- DavidsTea on May 27, 2020
- Fahlstroms Fresh Market on June 3, 2020
- Frio Gelato on June 5, 2020
- Mercury Theater on June 16, 2020
- Cosmos Cleaners – July 2020
- Guthries Tavern – July 24, 2020
- Lou & Grey – July 23, 2020
- Southport Blooms – August, 2020 (Now online only)
- Hair Cuttery – Closed most Chicago locations during Covid due to a buy-out as of August, 2020
- Hanna Andersson – August, 2020
- Redmond’s Ale House – September 13, 2020
- Southport Lanes – September 27, 2020
- Schoolyard Tavern – October 4, 2020
We will keep the list updated as the year continues, and please remember to support our local businesses, services and restaurants.