It’s that time of year to dust off the ladders – and hang the lights! A very Southport Corridor Christmas around the neighborhood this year. It’s great to see – especially after a long 20 months of the pandemic.
“The first few months on the job for Mercury Theater Chicago artistic director Christopher Chase Carter have been, in his words, “a reality check.”Continue reading “Mercury Theater on Southport is back”
The news of Abercrombie & Fitch has been one of the biggest commenting events on our social media platforms, and one of the highest views on the blog. However, many of you have commented about chain stores taking over and that you would rather shop small. Here’s some of the favorite small businesses on Southport Avenue in Chicago. Which one is your favorite(s)?
A tour around Lakeview’s Southport Corridor neighborhood in Chicago during the Early Fall of 2021
Tour Time! Shopping, eating and playing between Addison and Grace Streets along Southport Avenue during the early Fall of 2021.
It has been a very difficult time for all of us during the Covid-19 pandemic, especially for our local business community. Here is a growing list of businesses that have permanently closed during the pandemic.
- DavidsTea on May 27, 2020
- Fahlstroms Fresh Market on June 3, 2020
- Frio Gelato on June 5, 2020
- Mercury Theater on June 16, 2020
- Cosmos Cleaners – July 2020
- Guthries Tavern – July 24, 2020
- Lou & Grey – July 23, 2020
- Southport Blooms – August, 2020 (Now online only)
- Hair Cuttery – Closed most Chicago locations during Covid due to a buy-out as of August, 2020
- Hanna Andersson – August, 2020
- Redmond’s Ale House – September 13, 2020
- Southport Lanes – September 27, 2020
- Schoolyard Tavern – October 4, 2020
We will keep the list updated as the year continues, and please remember to support our local businesses, services and restaurants.
We had an endless winter and cold, dreary spring, but the sun is finally shining and the Southport Corridor is getting ready for Summer. Here’s a tour around the ‘Port during the Spring of 2019.
|Lush, Warby Parker, Bonobos|
@themercurychi #Christmas #play #truestory #christmasschooner #🎄#chicago #christmastree @southportcorridorchicago #holidayfun (at Mercury Theater)
@themercurychi The Christmas Schooner 🎄 (at Mercury Theater)
It’s almost Christmas Schooner time! 🎄❄️🎄 (at Mercury Theater)