As you recall, Capital One Cafe with Peet\’s Coffee is coming to 3435 N. Southport in the current Indira space (Indira will be moving shortly to 3337 N. Southport shortly). We have some additional information on exactly what this space will offer for our community.
- Capital One Cafe with Peet\’s Coffee will be taking both floors of the building.
- The goal is to have the Cafe up and running in fall 2017.
- Food will be provided by Chicago\’s local Delightful Pastries.
- The look and feel of the space will blend in with the local street and neighborhood. Our neighborhood is similar to Boston\’s Harvard Square location, which won a historical preservation award.
- Capital One\’s goal is to provide a commitment to the neighborhood. This includes volunteer work, provide work space for folks to come in and study, work, use the free high-speed Wi-Fi, have coffee – much how folks use our local Starbuck\’s with their laptops, conduct meetings, sit and have coffee, etc.
- There will be two community rooms that any non-profit or educational groups can use free of charge. You will be able to book a meeting room via the web. This could be a good space for neighborhood groups to use.
- There will be semi-private nooks for folks to use for meetings, study groups or other concepts that fulfill your purpose.
- Capital One does not want to appear that they are coming in as a bank, but more like a community center that can offer banking opportunities if you desire. The customer will drive the interaction with Capital One employees if wanted.
- An additional write-up can be read here from The Chicago Tribune.