Justin’s Bar and Grill is Now Closed

Justin’s has officially closed as of January 3, 2015, their website is gone, and Newcastle Limited, owner of the building is re-leasing out the space,  4-Star restaurant group, owner’s of Crosby’s Kitchen will be taking over the location; timing is TBD for now.

Continue reading “Justin’s Bar and Grill is Now Closed”

Mystic Celt’s Last Day of Business on Southport is January 3, 2016

From earlier this year, the owner of Mystic Celt had sold the building to L3 Capital, and it has been marketed for lease over the past several months. It has now been confirmed that Mystic\’s last day of business on Southport will be January 3, 2016. Look for new retail and/or food establishments coming over the next several months. The property is currently being marketed for up to three separate store-fronts.

You can see the full listing here from Cushman & Wakefield.

Mystic Celt\’s last holiday season on Chicago’s Southport Corridor.

Continue reading “Mystic Celt’s Last Day of Business on Southport is January 3, 2016”

Cullen’s Southport lost their lease

Sad news to report for all of you Cullen’s fans.  They have lost their lease according to their Facebook page.  It will be their last New Year’s so make sure to stop by for one last Guinness.  Look for a final closing in early 2015.

Officially Confirmed: Lulu Belle’s Pancake House is closed for good

Per the Franklin Park location, Lulu Belle’s Pancake House at 3819 N. Southport is officially closed. This building will be torn down for a new mixed-use development. Stay tuned.

Lulu Belle’s Pancake House “Closed For Remodeling”

Have we lost another business this week?  LuluBelle’s Pancake house is covered up with paper and there is no answer by phone.  Their Franklin Park location is owned separately and confirmed that they have officially closed down.  Right now there is sign saying “Closed for Remodeling” so we’ll see if it reopens.

Update on November 13: Lulu Belle’s is officially closed per their Franklin Park location.  

Closed: The Bentley Tavern on Southport

Eater Chicago announced today that The Bentley Tavern has closed down on Southport.  The restaurant was only open about a year.  Website is also gone for good – only time will tell what will come to this location.  Were you a fan?

Coobah closing for good on Sunday, August 17

“This dish has been on the menu for 12 years for a reason.
If you haven’t had it, you must.
If you already have, get it again.
Make your reservations now and stay tuned for details on Coalfire Southport opening up the street his Fall.
– Weekend Brunch
– Free Parking

Thank you customers, staff, family and friends for 12 years of memories.
We look forward to seeing you all at Coobah for a final farewell and hope to see you this Fall at Coalfire!”

Katie B. Comments on the Patrons of Southport to DNAinfoChicago

Katie B’s is closing down shop, and she really let the area know what she thinks about the locals.  
 Katie B's, a children's clothing boutique at 3715 N. Southport Ave., will soon close because the owner said she is tired of residents who don't support local businesses and treat them "like crap."

“People are rude. Nasty,” Dyon said. “Nobody appreciates anything. We’re tired of being yelled at. We’re tired of being treated like slaves. That’s it. It’s nasty over here.” 

Continue reading “Katie B. Comments on the Patrons of Southport to DNAinfoChicago”

Perchance Southport is for lease

The last days of Perchance on Southport are here, and the space is currently for lease. What do you think should take it’s space?